How to Create a Custom Emoji for Slack in Canva
I love the idea of creating a total brand experience for my team & clients – even in Slack! Slack is such a great tool for conversing with your team, hosting group programs, or chatting with your clients – and in today’s tutorial, you will learn how to create a custom emoji for Slack in Canva.
We know everyone learns differently – if you prefer video, please watch the video tutorial below! If you’re more of a step-by-step person, we’ve written out the steps under the video.
Watch the Tutorial:
How to Create a Custom Emoji for Slack in Canva – Step by Step
- Create a new Canva design using 500px by 500px dimensions
- Add the emoji image of your choice to your Canva art board. You can upload your own image or search for an image in Canva’s Elements section.
- Resize your emoji to fit the entire space of the Canva art board. Bonus tip: Update your emoji with your brand colors.
- Download your design with a transparent background. This is a Canva Pro feature.
Add Your Custom Emoji to Slack
- Go to one of your Slack channels and then go to Message.
- Select on the Emoji tab and click Add Emoji.
- Upload your Canva emoji and give it a name so you can search for your emoji later.Click save.
- To quickly select your emoji, type in a colon and your emoji name (e.g. “ :smcavocado”.)
Check out our other Canva tutorials!
Get Nerdy about Business, Websites & Tech with Us!
The Tech With Intention Community (hosted on Mighty Networks!) is a place for women in business to ask tech questions, network intentionally with other women and get nerdy about websites!
Whether you are a business owner looking to learn more about your own website OR you're a woman web designer / developer yourself - we'd love to have you. See you inside!
Sam is the CEO and lead web developer of Sam Munoz Consulting, LLC. Through years of coding, development & design experience - she is all about simplicity, minimalism & making websites that align with her client's business models & goals.
Keep Learning & Reading
A top call to action bar can be a great way to easily direct visitors to convert. Learn how to add a Top Bar Call to Action in Wordpress
Ensure the background image you use on your site shows up the way you want it to! Learn how to position a background image in Divi.
Stop spam in its tracks! Learn how to add reCAPTCHA to the Divi Contact Form module.